The following terms and conditions govern all use of the NeedsList website and all content, services and products available at or through the website (taken together, the Website).
For individual donors (being phased out by Spring 2019)
Pricing: Prices from suppliers are based on quotations for minimum orders. At times, prices may fluctuate due to shipping and/or urgency. If we have not received a minimum for order we may need to reallocate funding to a different item or more likely, purchase fewer of the same item at a slightly higher price. Our mission is to ensure that funds go to most pressing needs on the ground, thus NeedsList reserves the right to reallocate funds as needed and will alert donor when funds are being allocated to meet alternate needs.
Transaction Costs: NeedsList does not charge any transaction fees on monetary donations to our partner organizations. When you donate cash, funds go directly into their Paypal account. NeedsList reserves the right to charge a small margin (5-15 percent) on supplies in order to cover payment processing and currency conversion fees as well as our own operating costs.
When you sign up as a member of NeedsList, you are agreeing to the following:
1. We are partners. Our mission at NeedsList is to make it easier for corporate donors to find ways to give their time, money, and supplies. We want to make aid more efficient for you to better serve your communities and consider organizations to be partners.
2. Fee structure. NeedsList has free, premium and plus membership. Free membership includes the ability to post volunteer or supply needs and to get those needs met through other organizations or businesses. Premium membership will be reasonably priced for small and medium-sized nonprofits (we're still testing pricing, email us at email@example.com to give us your input!) and will include the ability to track the value of supplies and volunteer hours, amongst other cool features.
3. Supplier fees: When we purchase supplies through corporate funds and donations, we use local and regional businesses whenever possible to supply needs, supporting local economy and reducing shipping costs and environmental impact. In order to cover our operating costs, NeedsList reserves the right to mark up items between 5 to 15% depending on the cost. For context, standard for e-commerce retailers is to double the wholesale price to arrive at a 50% markup. We try to lock in pricing before disasters in order to avoid price gouging and ensure competitive pricing on all products. That said, we are committed to the humanitarian principles of helping get aid to where it's needed to save and assist as many lives as possible, so we may need to use services that can get things to you as fast as possible.
3. Photo policy. We do not allow photos of children on our site, even if their parents have given permission. For adults, we encourage you to have anyone whose face will be identifiable to sign a release form. We have a template in English and Arabic if you would like a copy.
4. Transparency and Accountability. It is critical to our model that you send us photos whenever you receive items and donations. It is also essential that you tag us @needslist4good on any social media mentions involving the delivery of goods procured through our site. We'll help you as much as possible with all of it, but require that you do updates within a week when there has been any kind of supply delivery or spending of funds to meet needs. This is what will really set NeedsList apart from other platforms, we need our donors to be able to see that their aid is getting to where it's supposed to be and it's not just lost somewhere along the way.
5. Suppliers. NeedsList reserves the right to change suppliers if we receive a better quote before placing order. We strive to support local businesses, but in cases where price is significantly lower or item is not available, we may need to look elsewhere.
6. Non-discrimination policy: As a member of NeedsList, you are affirming the following: [MEMBER] does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
The rest of it.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you
may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your NeedsList Account and Site. If you create a list on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining thesecurity of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must not describe or assign keywords in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause liability. You must immediately notify of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a List, comment on a List, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your list is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your list's URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by or otherwise.
By submitting Content to for inclusion on your Website, you grant a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your list. If you delete Content, will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, has the right (though not the obligation) to, in 's sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in 's reasonable opinion, violates any policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in 's sole discretion. will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
Support. If your service includes access to priority email support. "Email support" means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by to respond within one business day) concerning the use of the VIP Services. "Priority" means that support takes priority over support for users of the standard or free prosper.community services. All support will be provided in accordance with standard services practices, procedures and policies.
Responsibility of Website Visitors. has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Website, does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which NeedsList links, and that link to prosper.community. does not have any control over those non- websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non- website or webpage, does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non- websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
NeedsList asks users to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by NeedsList violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify in accordance with 's Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Policy. will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. will terminate a visitor's access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of or others. In the case of such termination, will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from you to any other third party intellectual property, and all rights, titles and interests in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with NeedsList, the NeedsList logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with NeedsList, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of or 's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any or third-party trademarks.
- Partner Supplies. By activating a partner product (e.g. theme) from one of our partners, you agree to that partner's terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating the partner product.
- Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
- Changes. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. User may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your prosper.community account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be terminated by if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from 's notice to you thereof; provided that, can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is". and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will , or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless , its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of , or by the posting by of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of New York, U.S.A, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Nassau County, New York. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. ("JAMS") by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Queens, New York, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.